Hi there, I'm Daniel.
I live in NYC and work for a popular search engine.
As a PM focusing on risk and the future of work, I work with teams to build resiliant and secure products leveraged by Googler's to get their work done better and happier.
This is my personal website where I write about business, tech, product management, and the occasional life-update.
Learn about me in 10 seconds:
- I lead teams to build digital products on the web, iOS, and Android.
- I write a weekly newsletter called "Curious". You can subscribe here.
- I got lucky AND people took a chance on me AND I worked hard– to land my first PM role with no technical or business credentials.
- In my spare time I invest in public companies.
- I love to travel and have spent time in 10 countries in Europe, Asia, and North America.
- Happily married for 5 years. We recently co-founded a baby girl. She is cute.
- Bellingham, WA resident. It's the city of subdued excitement.
What I write about on the internet
Writing helps me clarify my thinking, make better decisions, and connect with interesting people online. I write everything from long, in-depth deep dives to short Tweet storms and everything in between.
Here are some of my favorite essays:
How to Follow Up (without being annoying)... includes 15+ templates
Dive a little deeper:
For my day job I'm a Senior Product Manager where I lead designers, marketers, and engineers to build consumer digital products.
I like to tell people I’m an unapologetic generalist. I feel most alive when collaborating with good people to solve hard, interesting problems.
Here are some things I'm proud of:
- Led a complete redesign of our flagship mobile app from early idea to
shipped product, driving over 10,000 5-star App Store reviews
- Launched 2 subscription businesses on iOS 🤑
- Increased new app downloads by 52% YoY
- Increased new accounts by 28% YoY
- Increased active users by 26% YoY
When I'm not building products I'm usually reading, travelling, or cooking for my family and friends.
I love meeting new people, and I'd love to hear from you.
Send me an email if you want to chat about investments, job opportunities, or if I can help with something else.